Yaozo Shima (志摩 八百造 Shima Yaozō) is an Upper First Class Exorcist, and the Chief of the True Cross Order's Kyoto Branch Office. He is the father of Juzo, Kinzo, and Renzo Shima, as well as the overall head of the Shima family.
Yaozo has dark brown hair like his children. He is often seen wearing either priest clothing, pajamas or male kimonos due to him resting in bed from an unknown illness. He shares the same eye shape with his children.
He is a very caring person. He is serious and straight-laced so he rarely smiles, but his wife totally has her way with him.
Yaozo is currently seriously ill and has to lie in bed. Despite the fact he needs plenty of rest, he still insisted on getting up to greet and welcome back the Kyoto trio (Ryuji, Renzo, and Konekomaru).
Powers & Abilities
Not much is known of his abilities, but it is assumed that he possesses a decent level of power due to his high rank as an Exorcist.
Yaozo possesses a Meister in Aria, meaning he has the ability to use fatal verses and spells in combat.
Yaozo possesses a Meister in Knight, and wields a K'rik in close combat.
- His name contains the kanji for "will" (志 kokorozashi; read as shi), "friction" (摩 ma), "eight hundred" (八百 yao) and "constrution" (造 zō).
- His pastimes and talents are Japanese chess and home gardening.
- His average bath time is 10 minutes.
- His favorite words are "Thank you".
- His favorite music is music by his son Kinzo's band.
- He spends his days off by tending to his garden, picking vegetables, and playing casual Japanese chess.
|Most High Priest||Tatsuma Suguro|
|Archpriest||Uwabami Hojo • Yaozo Shima|
|Hojo Family||Ao Hojo• Mamushi Hojo • Nishiki Hojo|
|Miwa Family||Konekomaru Miwa|
|Shima Family||Jun Shima • Juzo Shima • Gozo Shima • Kinzo Shima • Renzo Shima • Ryo Shima • Yumi Shima|
|Suguro Family||Torako Suguro • Ryuji Suguro|
|Familiar||Naga • Salamander • Ucchusma • Yamantaka|
|Other||Chika Minami • Hajime Narumi • Haruta Shishamo • Masato Chigusa • Shigemichi Kumagai|
|Deceased||Fukaku (First Most High Priest) • Nekosuke Miwa (Archpriest) • Takezo Shima (Unknown) • Tatsuma Suguro's Father (Sixteenth Most High Priest) • Yoshi Miwa (Unknown)|