Yamantaka appears as a large, four-armed, ox-headed figure cloaked in black flames.
Yamantaka seems to be eager to go to battle and let his power rage, however, this could simply be because his partner, Renzo Shima, refuses to call on him often.
He seems to be generally eager for any excuse for action, even being happy with simple training.
When she tries to escape, Izumo summons Ukemochi and Miketsu. After one of Uke's paws is burned off, Miketsu attacks Renzo and is consumed by black flames. Uke then attacks and is stabbed and burned away.
Powers & Abilities
- Flame-Tipped Vajra Spear (
火頭金剛槍Katou Kongou Sou): Renzo recites, "Daiitoku Fun'nu Youketsu" ( 大威徳忿怒要訣), and creates a black-flame spearhead at the top of his K'rik.
- Killing Fire Wheel (
火車輪斬Kasharinzan): Renzo swings his K'rik, releasing a spinning fire disk. It is first used against Ukemochi.
- Ground Crawling Flames (地這火 Jibai Hi): Renzo recites, "Daiitoku Fun'nu Youketsu" (
大威徳忿怒要訣), and touches the top of his K'rik to the ground. Black flames run along the ground and consume the target.
- (To Renzo Shima) "Finally, about time... I was just itching for an outburst." (待ちかねたぞ...丁度暴れたくて仕方がなかった所だ Machikaneta zo... Chōdo abaretakute shikata ga nakatta tokoroda)
- Yamantaka is one of the Five Great Wisdom Kings of Shingon Buddhism.
- In Buddhism, the process of removing oneself from the cycle of reincarnation, or terminating death, is referred to as Yamantaka. This presents a certain amount of irony as Yamantaka's black flames burn the soul of their target, hence preventing demons from reincarnating.
|Most High Priest||Tatsuma Suguro|
|High Priest||Uwabami Hojo • Yaozo Shima|
|Hojo Family||Ao Hojo• Mamushi Hojo • Nishiki Hojo|
|Miwa Family||Konekomaru Miwa|
|Shima Family||Jun Shima • Juzo Shima • Gozo Shima • Kinzo Shima • Renzo Shima • Yumi Shima|
|Suguro Family||Torako Suguro • Ryuji Suguro|
|Familiar||Naga • Salamander • Ucchusma • Yamantaka|
|Other||Chika Minami • Hajime Narumi • Haruta Shishamo • Masato Chigusa • Shigemichi Kumagai|
|Deceased||Fukaku (First Most High Priest) • Nekosuke Miwa (Unknown) • Takezo Shima (Unknown) • Tatsuma Suguro's Father (Sixteenth Most High Priest) • Yoshi Miwa (Unknown)|