Uke appears as a white fox with a blue stripe going from the top of his head down to the tip of his nose. He has small tomoe-shaped markings on his eyebrows and three on either side of his muzzle. He wears a red apron with his name on it and a sedge hat secured with a white scarf.
Of the two, Uke appears more relaxed and playful than Mike, being less proud and aggressive than his sibling.
In the past, Uke and Mike were familiars to Izumo's mother, Tamamo. They would take human form in order to do all of the housework. When Tamamo became possessed by the Nine-Tailed Fox Spirit, Uke jumped in to rescue Tsukumo, pulling her out of the way. What became of him after this is unclear until he reappears with Izumo at the beginning of the series.
True Cross Academy arc
Powers & Abilities
- Purification of Spirits (
靈の 祓いTamayura no Harai): Izumo sends Mike and Uke to bite her enemy in a circle like a hurricane.
- Great Sacred Wine of Heavens (
天の 大御酒Ama no Ōmiki): Uke transforms into a bowl and pours holy wine that, like Holy Water, can put out Rin's Flames of Satan.
- Purification for Repose (
鎮魂の 祓いMitama Shizume no Harai): While chanting Izumo summons a fan, a kagura suzu (divine bells), and a flowered headdress and fox ears. Mike and Uke take their human forms and receive a sword and a bow, respectively. Mike dashes forward and stabs the opponent's head and Uke fires an arrow of light, which strikes the opponent like lightning.
- Ukemochi is named after Uke Mochi, a Shinto goddess of food.
- Uke's hobby is making sacred wine.
- His favorite food is marumochi and inarizushi.
- His favorite words are "abundant harvest".
- His favorite type of girl is a hardworking girl.
- His favorite pastime is patrolling paddy fields.