A man with dark, swept back hair and goatee, Abel had defined temples and cheek bones. He wore the typical uniform of the Order over which he wore a long cloak emblazoned with the emblem of the Order.
Little is known about Abel's personality, but Rin remarks that he reminds him of someone.
Abel Franken was the Paladin of the True Cross Order roughly thirty years prior to the start of the series. Little is known about his tenure in the position.
During Operation Blue Lightning, Franken and the Arc Knights of the time headed the force to deal with the birth of Satan's children, Rin and Yukio Okumura. However, while attempting to strike the finishing blow against a rampaging infant Rin, Franken's sword Tizona was destroyed, and the Paladin was defeated.
He revived in time for the infant Rin's defeat, but was soon possessed by Satan. Surprised that Abel's body could withstand him, he attacked Shiro and transferred to his body, leaving Abel's to be consumed with flames resulting in his death.
Powers & Abilities
As Paladin, Abel would have had qualification in all five basic meisters.
- Abel was the second son of Adam and Eve in the book of Genesis.
- Abel's sword, Tizona, shares its name with the legendary sword of Spanish historical figure, El Cid
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Manga: Chapter 103, Page 7
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Manga: Chapter 116 Part 1, Page 15
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Manga: Chapter 116 Part 2, Page 33
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist:Chapter 108, Page 24